Saturday, December 3, 2016
Historic Downtown Silver City,
Bullard Street between 7th & College
WNMU award-winning group kicks off the fiesta with a procession from the Visitor Center to the main festival site at Bullard & 8th
11:15 am - Cielitos Folklorico Dancers
Middle-school students from Deming
11:00 am - 2:00 pm
Disco Cooking Contest
Buy a ticket at the event and you can taste and judge!
1:00 - 3:00 pm - Caliente Band
Caliente Band is from Las Cruces
A Perfect Southwest Holiday Destination -
A Mariachi procession leads the celebration at 10:00 am from the Visitor Center (Hudson & Broadway) making its way through historic downtown Silver City to the Festival site at 8th & Bullard Streets.
At the Festival site, vendors will offer many kinds of food — of course there will be plenty of tamales! — along with arts and crafts and other unique gift items. Main events are outdoors, so enjoy a steaming bowl of menudo or a cup of champurrado! Come early, because the tamales will start to sell out long before the festivities end at 3:00 pm.
Throughout the day enjoy music and dance performances, heritage workshops, and fun for all ages. Please stay tuned and watch for a complete schedule of performers, vendors, and more for another wonderful Tamal Y Mas Fiesta, downtown Silver City, NM.
It's not just tamales, it's a celebration of local Hispanic culture through all kinds of food, crafts, & performances.
- Art Market in Morning Star parking lot
- Heritage Activities, Disco Cook-off, Traditional Games, Senior Olympics, Huachas & More!
- Classic Car display adjacent to the Fiesta
- Performers will be in Bullard street and vendors will generally be in the "Art market" and Morning Star parking lot areas. 7th Street will be open to traffic.
- Handicapped parking will be available in the Farmers' Market parking lot, just east of Bullard Street behind Encore! and Domino's Pizza.
- On-street parking is available throughout downtown, and there are parking lots at the Visitor Center as well as places like the Office of Sustainability and HMS (just a few blocks from the festival site).
- The event is free and open to the public.
- Purchase food and other items from individual vendors.